RSS

Paris Travelogue: Part One

Oh la la! La ville Lumiere (forgive me, I just can't put the accents...) ! Amelie, La vie en Rose, Marie Antoinette...les palais, le tour, les beaux arts...my heart fills with bliss just writing these lines!!!

The arrival at the City of Lights was pretty smooth and we find our way easily...it was a very cold Paris evening and we were very glad to arrive at our B&B, Maison Bacana !

As an interior designer I must say how impressed I was with this small and cosy b&b! I'm not very good with words and they say a picture is worth 1000 of them so...please visit the site and take a look because it's in flash mode and I can't show them here! heheheeh ^.^

Anyway...our first day we planned a trip to Versailles because it was the last day of a sculpture exhibition by Xavier Veilhan!

I loved his work and how he achieved to enhance the already spectacular palace and it's gardens. I felt like a modern princess to be honest... ^.^

















Oooh...and soon I'll post my photo WITH Renzo Piano...that's a fun one :P



There was a video installation too, inside the palace, a yellow LED installation that pictured a man climbing the grand staircase in Louis' chambers. It almost looked like a ghost video...

My camera's battery at this point is about to die...while we make our way back to Paris, Saint Germain to be exact. The numerous streets, narrow and picturesque remind me of the Paris I've seen in movies...Countless little shops are all dressed up for holidays and we are to find small treasures among their stocks...



After a while we find ourselves somewhere close to Eifell Tower..."simply follow the light" seems to be the only direction we need and soon we're at Mars square...


There's a Christmas market close to the tower so we head there for some hot chocolate and a festive touch for the first day!!!


Yummy lollipops in all shapes sizes AND flavours!!! Rose, lemon, praline, mint, blueberry and of course...coca cola were but a few!



And of course...a chocolate stand! A HUGE CHOCOLATE stand! So...you pick one of these huge pieces and they melt it into a deliciously tasteful chocolate drink for you!!! Best thing ever... ^.^


I really have to beg my friends to let me use their photos too...my collection seems to be quite poor...you haven't seen anything yet!

I know I've been slacking lately...while I'm on it check my cousins blog GrafikPlastik. He's a great graphic designer AND he updates regularly :P

Well I might have been slacking but I have lots of material for this and the next week at least!!! Be back tomorrow with more (and better) photos (I hope...)!

Colours colours...parisian colours ;) K.

1 σχόλια:

Lefteris είπε...

Oh, all these photos made me extra JEALOUS I wasn't there! This breathtaking purple statue and those chocolates...yummy! I'll be in the photos of the next trip! Brace yourself :)

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

free counters